Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dan Hesse is the new Sprint Nextel CEO and who cares?

Dan Hesse is to lead Sprint Nextel into a new era of cell phone warfare. (Not really I just thought it sounded cool for an opening line:) You may not know this.... cause I sure as hell didn't.... Yes, it is early morning here and I am in a great mood so I might jump off track a bit. Please hold on and keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.

Okay, serious (Mostly) Dan Hesse has been running the spin-off Embarq for Sprint and was CEO of AT&T Wireless from 1997 to 2000 ( I really wonder if people ever ask the question... Why isn't he still there....Did he run to more money or did they fire him:) during what was considered the glory years of AT&T service.

Gary Forsee is stepping down and handing off the rains to Dan Hesse after four years of dedication to his job.

Does this mean that Sprint service is going to go down the tubes? Will how big of a pin will they need to hear it across the room? (Ouch showing my age on that one)
Will Nextel have to change its greatest feature to "almost direct connect"?

Okay, I best stop now.
What do you think?
"Drop me a line." Ralph

No comments:

Hannah Montana 2010 Calendar

Hannah Montana 2010 Wall Calendar